Some notes when leaving or entering at Vietnam
1. Below is a list on what you should declare on your entry/exit form as well as to custom to prevent problems
– Camera, video recorder, elictronic equipment, jewelry, gold, silver and gemstones.
– Foreign currency in cash, coin, travelers’ cheques worths more than US$7,000, Vietnamese cash worth more than VND15 million.
– If you bring a video tape, the customs will keep and inspect it for some days before returning it back to you.
– You can bring gold with you but the amount must be lower than 300gr. If you bring more than this, the extra amount will be kept in the customs storehouse and you must wait for the re-exporting.
– The luggage insists for passengers is 30 kilos. If you bring more than this you must pay some extra.
2. When coming to Vietnam, you can bring some of these tax – free products worth less than US$300. They are: cigarettes (quantity: 200), cigars (quantity: 50), fiber cigarette (quantity: 50 g), wine (quantity: 1,5l) and some other goods which are allowed to be brought into Vietnam.
3. The following items cannot be brought into Vietnam: weapons, bullets, explosive materials, flammable chemicals, any kind of explosive device, drugs, poisonous chemicals, controversial or reactionary books and videos which are not suitable or offends Vietnamese principles, toys which are a bad fluence on children.
4. When leaving Vietnam, if you want to take out a quantity of gold which is greater than 300gr, you must declare it and have permission from National Bank. you are not allowed to take out of Vietnam any of items below: weapons, bullets, explosives, drugs, antiques, wild animals, precious plants, documents that relating to the national security…